Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Famous Fridays 10/7/11

CASH ONLY
In my experience if you want to know about a town, or the people, you need to find someone who has the info. And who better then the local Barber of 45 years. His name is Dick Nicol, the Scottish boy in Heber. Guys like Dick have been around and have met a wide variety of folks who stop by his shop for a cut. Only 8 bucks for a new look, but only men's hair. He will not cut women's hair. "Can't. Don't ask me." Also, you can’t call ahead and set up an appointment cause there isn’t a phone "Can't cut and talk at the same time.”
"I like arguing with customers, and they like arguing with me," he said. "I've always been an outlaw." Dick is one enjoyable person to be around and I didn’t realize just how long I had been there talking to him. The hours felt like minutes. If your in need of a good story and a little off the top, stop by Dick’s Barber Shop and don’t forget “Cash Only”.





















No comments:

Post a Comment